Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Silence period

My loyal readers (all 3 of them !) will surely have noticed that it has been a full week since my last post. To them I say - don't despair, this blog will go on ...

But seriously now, the reason for the silence is that we are still in the midst of the quiet period at the thematic program that I had predicted a few weeks ago. Since my last post, we had two more lectures for each of the graduate courses and two more talks in the visitors seminar series featuring Xianhua Peng and Andreas E. Kyprianou, which unfortunately I could not attend because of an external scheduling conflict.

The background organizational work continues at full speed thou (upcoming seminars, new sponsors, guest-editing for special journal issues, etc...), but is not exciting enough to make these pages.

Oh, and against best advice, I also got embroiled in an internal mailing list discussion with some hard core global warming deniers at my home institution, so that has consumed valuable time as well (must remember not to do that again in the future).

No comments:

Post a Comment